Thursday, March 8, 2012

Recap: First week in March

I can't think of anything super exciting or eventful to title this blog.  It was a good week, it was a bad weekend at work.  People were very mean!  I swear, the full moon makes people crazy or something.  I am getting better at "shaking off" the yuckies from work, even if that involves spending my entire break outside in the freezing wind and hail, listening to the waves and trying to calm myself.

I finished  crocheting a scarf for Skott and learned the valuable lesson of having, and using, a gauge.  First off, I made it too short.  It was a vertical striped pattern, so I had to improvise to lengthen it.  After I was finished, I realized my improvisations were glarringly different in width.  He wouldn't let me cut it out and redo the end so it is what it is.  I am too embarassed to take a picture of it right now, maybe I will get one of him modeling it later.  Some people at work like to make fun of me for crocheting on my breaks.  I tell them it calms me and prevents me from jabbing a crochet hook in stupid peoples' eyes (and while I am saying this, I am thinking of them.  How dare they make fun!). Ha ha

Yesterday we went for a walk.  There was a VERY bitter wind.  I saw this pattern in the sand next to some rocks and it reminded me of a tree:

The sunset was incredible last night:

Today it is supposed to get up to 61 degrees so we are going to head to the beach.  Have to take advantage of days like this.... we have rain in the forecast for the next week.

No comments: