Thursday, April 2, 2009

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out that I got the Plant Community Ecology summer internship that I have been crossing my fingers for(and if my toes weren't so sausage-y I would have crossed them too!). I am SO EXCITED!
I will be working at Cedar Creek Reserve, which is north of Minneapolis/St Paul (about 2.15 hours from here). I will be living at the reserve during the week and coming home most weekends. I am looking forward to having some quality summer time with my husband and family, as last summer I was gone the ENTIRE time... and even though my experience in Oregon was truly life-altering, I felt I missed out on a lot here at home.
This internship is opening up many doors for me including a possible student research assistant position for one of my favorite professors at the University.
A good news day!
Here is a link to the reserve:
http://www.cedarcreek.umn.edu/

3 comments:

The McIntire Family said...

congratulations Jodi! How exciting for you!!!

Ryan n Heidi said...

Sweeeet!! That's is awesome and something you will enjoy doing! Methinks you and plants will get along quite nicely this summer....

Rochelle said...

Congratulations!!!! That's amazing! Good luck with everything and I hope you get to work with the professor as well!