Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hibiscus Heaven

I have had this hibiscus for a long time now.  For many years it didn't bloom.  When it finally did, I blogged about it here in 2009.

A couple of months ago I moved the plant.  It used to be by the window next to the TV (and wireless router).  I thought maybe it was too dark in the corner so I moved it up to the window by the front door, about 12 feet away.
The past month it has gone crazy!  There's so many buds on it, I can't believe it!  And the only thing I have changed is the location (light, water, nutrients are the same).  

I thought it was dumb luck, until I read about this study:

Seriously worth some thought.  
Coincidence?
I doubt it!
We are enjoying our blooms though!




To give you a break from the hibiscus:
I was fascinated by the bee on my oxalis outside

Pollinate away!

Ok, back to more blooms.



yes, these are all different blooms from different days

No comments: