Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Beach combing, Shaw style

The problem with a good afternoon of beachcombing, is your eyes and inspirational ideas are always bigger than your physical capabilities to carry

 
loading up

oh wait, we forgot the bags of little stuff

Ok, here we go

Skott carried 3x as me and still blazed ahead.
It was probably a mile or more back to the car

Skott was commenting that he had a lot of sand in his shoes.
I didn't realize how much until he emptied his shoes at the car. haha
It was such an amazing day!


Our rhodies are starting to pop.  I absolutely love them!



no Photoshop necessary 

My goal is to eventually transform the entire front patch of lawn into a flower and vegetable bed.  I started with the big, hideous mound around the tree.  I leveled it somewhat and spent forever sifting out big rocks, landscaping rock, and bits of glass (yikes!).  Then I added some leftover bulbs I had.  On the back side I started a little strawberry bed.  I would like to add more strawberries/another variety, then slowly expand with more flowers, lavender, etc.


Confuscious thought helping me was too much work.
So he supervised.



1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I love reading about/seeing photos of all your beach adventures! And I love the gorgeous flowers you are able to grow!