Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Trip to Idaho (warning: photo overload)

Oh my it has been a long time since I posted.  I must say, I am extremely frustrated with Internet Explorer lately! -first, it stopped letting me load pics to blogger so I had to use google chrome (which is fine, I just hated having two different browsers open).  Then, it stopped letting me load any photos to Facebook and then stopped letting me load photos to etsy listings.  I was SO frustrated that I just took a step back from it all for awhile.   Anyone else having these issues?  Got the computer set up to default to google chrome, and now it's time to get caught up on some blogging!

The trip to Idaho was amazing!  We had a house sitter/doggie sitter stay with Fucie.  She happens to be a tech at the vets office so we felt really good about leaving everything in her hands.
We set out early Tuesday morning with an audio book, healthy snacks, coffee, water, and I fully intended on taking a nice nap.  Turns out, the audio book was so interesting that I stayed awake the ENTIRE drive, much to Skott's shock.
We arrived in Glenns Ferry late Tuesday evening.  We had a lot of fun visiting with "Mom and Pop" (Skott's aunt and uncle that are more like parents to him).  We took a walk around town and went down to the river. We were able to reconnect with some good friends, Dale and Lori.  Spent the evening visiting with them, it was lovely.  We went to Twin Falls one afternoon and decided to surprise visit Skott's Grandma's sister, Hazel.  We haven't seen Hazel since Grandma's funeral in 2004.  She is the sweetest lady!  We enjoyed taking her out to lunch and visiting with her.


We left Glenns Ferry Friday morning and met up with Heidi for lunch in Eagle.  If you're in the Meridian/Eagle area, you must check out "Rembrandt's" - SO GOOD!

Saturday was the big March of Dimes walk.  We couldn't have asked for better weather!
Kylie, Lexi, and Maddie get ready for face painting
Ayla and Ryan 

Skott and Rachel

Seth and Josie (showing off her purple striped socks)

love my mommy!

beautiful Maddie with face paint

Mom, Rachel, and Josie

Mom, Rach, Jos, and I

Heidi and Ryan speaking


Ayla LOVES dogs


Rachel with Kylie, Lexi, and Maddie

heading to the start of the walk

Ayla in her wagon

Pretty Heidi!

Walking for Ayla and Zoey

the sign on back of Aylas wagon

the dog got tired and rode with Ayla

signs along the walk

Seth sports some cool socks

Ryans family eating lunch after walk

Lexi won the hula-hoop dancing contest

No comments: