Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Pep Talk in Every Drop?

A very annoying co-worker came to work VERY sick last week.  Instead of keeping quietly to herself ,she was her usual in-your-face talking, snotting, sneezing, coughing, disgusting germy self.  No wonder that in the next few days 5-6 other people got sick, including Skott.  I have managed (so far) to fend off most of it except the raw sore throat and slight sniffles.

I don't get sick very often (thankfully), but when I do, I want nothing more than a hot cup of chai tea, my fizzy Alka-Seltzer meds, a blanket, and a little sympathy.  The last thing I want is to see this:


I don't want a cheesy "pep talk" on my cough drop wrappers.  I want to be miserable and lose myself on the couch in a huge pile of blankets.  This wrapper ranks right up there on my annoyance list with the outrageous slogan "Always" uses for their commercials and panty liners: "Have a happy period". 
Seriously?
This was obviously written by some poor man in a last ditch attempt to cheer up his hormone crazed monster/wife.  I'm pretty sure no woman in her right mind would agree to telling another female (whose uterus was on fire) "have a happy period".  There is nothing happy about feeling like a sobbing psycho who just wants to  curl up and die for a week....

I think I shall invent my own "pep talk in every drop" wrappers that say things such as:
*Go take a nap
*Sleep it off, you'll feel better
*Forget the laundry
*Cereal for dinner is ok
*Indulge in some hot chocolate or chai
*Pajamas are acceptable if you're not leaving the house

...anyone else care to add to my list? :)

No comments: