Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It started with a simple google search....

Skott and I both bought eggs on the same day while running our various errands.  So I decided to boil a dozen to have as snacks, etc.  I wasn't sure how long to boil them (hahaha don't laugh).  Normally I just boil the crap out of them until I'm sure they're done.  But this time I had limited time and wanted to try and get them done before work.

*cue google search*
(I must mention something very creepy though -I went to google on my phone and started to type "How long to..." at which point it auto-filled "...boil eggs".  I'm not kidding!  It creeped me out.  Even stranger, later on in the day when I was talking to Skott about something completely unrelated, I went to my trusty google search again and it auto-filled the correct question again.)

Who knew there was so much information about boiling eggs?  I found this link fascinating:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/BoiledEggs.htm

I liked the part about overboiling and cooking all the proteins to a rubbery consistency.  Hmmmm, that would be me.
And a grey ring around your yolks?  That's not supposed to be there?  Ooops!

I especially liked the hint about turning eggs on their sides a couple days before making deviled eggs to "center" the yolks.  Fascinating!  Who thinks of these things?

And speaking of eggs, Skott is making Popovers for breakfast :)  Yum!

2 comments:

The McIntire Family said...

Too funny! I too over boil my eggs--better too done than not at all. ;-) I always thought it was normal to have a gray lining as well-- Who knew?!?!

Tiffany said...

That is so interesting -- thanks for sharing!