Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A crazy experiment

We saw this idea on craftgawker.  It was too cool not to try.
I don't know how long this growing process will take, or if it will even work at all, but it was worth a shot!
Moss from trees in the woods down from our house:

 a blender from Goodwill:

 Buttermilk and sugar
(side note: who in their right mind drinks buttermilk????  Gag! The smell of it was enough to make me dry heave)

 driftwood, moss mixture, and a jar full of paintbrushes:


Voila!
If it grows, it will be very cool.
I tried this a couple weeks ago and left the driftwood in a shady location in our backyard, thinking it would get plenty of rain and just enough sunlight...
Apparently, our pug LOVES buttermilk/moss/sugar.  I went out to check on the dogs and he was in the back corner licking all the lettering off the sign!  Bleh!
-but I cant really get mad at this face:

1 comment:

Franson Funny Farm said...

So, I have to tell you--Uncle John drinks buttermilk. But then again, I am not entirely sure he is always in his right mind. lol :)