Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cape Perpetua

Can you tell the weather has been a bit rainy this week?  The amount of blog posts is directly related to the amount of rain we get, haha.

Skott's birthday is really Dec. 17th, a week before Christmas.  He has always hated it, as it gets "lost" in the holidays.  He said as a child he always got "dual" gifts ("Oh, this is your birthday AND Christmas present....) that he couldn't open until Christmas so his birthday seemed not as special to him.  When I started school, his birthday always fell during finals season.  I was SO stressed and it was hard for me to plan something special on top of trying to manage my classes.  So one year we decided to change the day we celebrated his birthday.  We now celebrate it on May 17th.  This has worked out MUCH better.

This year I decided to plan a little adventure day for him and explore a new part of the coast.
The morning started out with a breakfast of red potato skillets, mushrooms, and maple bacon.  Throughout the day I gave him a series of notes/clues.  He opened his various gifts throughout the day.  It was a lot of fun, my only regret is the wind.  It was soooo windy.  But at least the sun was shining!  And it was definitely warmer than what I planned last year (camping).

Here are some photos from our destination, Cape Perpetua State Park.  We plan to go back and explore more of the trails and beach, it was so pretty there!





Picnic



No comments: