Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sisterly love

My little sister Josie came to visit for a few days.  Due to her school and work schedule, and our work schedule, we were only able to take one day off while she was here, but we still managed to have fun!

We picked Josie up in Portland, which is about 2 hours from us.  On our way back from the airport, we ventured to the famous VooDoo doughnut (http://www.voodoodoughnut.com/  -check out their menu, it's amazing!). 

The next day, Friday, we went up to the Tillamook Cheese factory.  Wow, the air up there is very "reminiscent" of my years growing up on the dairy!  Bleh!  We toured the cheese factory, had some tasty samples, then got some Tillamook ice cream and wandered through their gift shops.  Skott and I try to avoid sweets but Tillamook ice cream is an exception.  Skott had two scoops of "Grandmas Cake Batter", I had one scoop of "Pumpkin" and one scoop of "Grandmas Cake Batter", and Josie had one scoop of "Caramel (something)" and one scoop of "Grandmas Cake Batter" (can you tell which flavor is our favorite???). 



On the way home from the cheese factory we stopped at another wine and gift shop called The Blue Heron and had more samples of jellies, sauces, dips, etc.
We also stopped by Pacific City on our way home.  It is a beautiful little spot with waves that are amazing for surfing.



I (Jodi) had to work Friday night so Skott and Josie stayed home and watched movies.  The dogs LOVED their aunt Josie and would fight over her lap (in this picture you can see Fucie won):

Saturday we went to some of the local shops and also the outlet mall.  Josie's "special" bus even came to pick her up!

Sunday we went for a walk on the beach.  It was a little cold and windy but the sun was shining!


Josie also cut and colored my hair -MUCH appreciated!  I am scared to death to try a new stylist here in town.... been spoiled too long with my CareCare doing my hair the past 5 years.

Monday morning it was time to say goodbye :(


I love all my sisters and wish we all lived closer!

No comments: