Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kitchen Painting, Part 1

We have been trying to decide what color to paint our kitchen for almost two years now.  Every time we thought we had a color decided on, we would paint a sample swatch and not like it.  We have these great art noveau pictures and decided to try and pull a color from one of them.  It turned out to be exactly what we wanted!  We also chose a color for the walls, but that project will have to wait until spring break.  I was happy to get the trim around the window done, as well as the U-G-L-Y fake oak looking bead board covered up before I went back to school.  Once I got that splash of color in there, we decided we loved it enough to continue on and paint the door off the kitchen (going to the downstairs) the same.  I am not finished with the trim around the door so I will post that later when we do the walls :)
Here are some before and afters:

Window above the kitchen sink:
One of two ugly sections of fake oak bead board: (I had already started priming when I realized I had no photo of the before)
The other section of bead board.  I thought I had a before picture somewhere but can't find it.  The door to the downstairs is at the edge of the picture, on the right.

(Left) This is Izzy, snoozing peacefully while I paint.  (Right) This is Izzy trying to stuff herself in the toybox in the corner of the living room when Skott started putting up the trim with the air compressor.

No comments: