Thursday, December 31, 2009

My new cool plant






Skott did an amazing job in the thoughtful gift department this year!  My stocking was a "nerd/geek" theme and I LOVED it!  It contained things such as a titanium spork, a staple-less stapler, a light/field magnifying scope, and a pair of socks that look like purple "chucks" shoes.
One of my other gifts was this cool plant.  It is dormant and all dried out.  These photos were taken every hour after I watered it. You could literally sit and watch it move and grow.

To keep the plant healthy, you actually need to let it go dormant a couple times a year.  Perfect for people who forget to water their plants!  :)

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

We've had one of those plants! I kept it for over a year by my kitchen sink and I watered it once in a while so the kids could watch it unfold and "blossom". I, too, loved it!

Ryan n Heidi said...

Hey- now that is MY kind of plant! Sweet!!