Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I caved

Well it's official:
I am a Wisconsin resident.
After two years of freezing my feet all winter long, I decided to quit borrowing Skott's boots so much and cough up the money for a good pair of winter boots.
I bought some Columbia boots rated for -32 degrees last weekend.
(If they sold a lower rating, I would have gotten those instead.)


This may look like a beautiful bridge:

and it is a gorgeous walk when it's not freezing cold outside.
This is the bridge I walk across every day to get to school.
During the winter, I lose feeling in my toes about half way across.
By the time I have completed the 15 minute walk from my car, across this bridge, and to the science building, I can't feel my legs.

This bridge made David Letterman's Top 10 Coldest Places.

I will not argue.

But I am ready now. Me and my new boots.

2 comments:

Ryan n Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan n Heidi said...

Congrats! Cue music:
"These boots are made for walkin, and that's just what I'll do. One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you..."

Brrrr cold! Make sure that your 'boot tied tight, boot tied tight'! Love ya sis!