Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Near miss

I don't have any pictures to upload since I am here at work but it has been a few weeks since I've blogged so I thought I should atleast type something.

I was on rain shelter duty the weekend before last (there are plots that are being drought tested so if it rains, we have to put up shelters and withhold the water). Skott came up to visit for the weekend. It was so much fun!

Last weekend went by so fast. I went home but before I knew it, it was time to head back to work. I actually made it back in the dark without getting lost -a first! I seriously have gotten lost every time! Pathetic, I know.

Skott found an amazing Mongolian BBQ and Korean food restaurant in Eau Claire and we went there for our (belated) anniversary. It was SO GOOD! We haven't had mongolian stir fry since we left Washington. So glad something unique came to Eau Claire.

While I was home this past weekend a tree limb up where I work broke off and fell, almost landing on my tent! The only thing holding it back was this little grape vine. Quite the mess. I am just glad it happened when I was gone. I probably would have had a heart attack if I heard it fall in the middle of the night! So anyways, I had to take down my tent and move into some stinky old dorms until someone can get out and remove the tree. I am pretty bummed about not being able to sleep outside but on the other hand, I don't want to get smashed either!

So that is my excitement. Food and broken tree limbs! haha
Oh, and our dishwaher broke. Sad times.

We are headed to Door County for the fourth of July weekend so I will have tons of good pics to post after that.

No comments: