Sunday, June 7, 2009

My commute to work

I survived my first week with only a few minor bumps and cuts.... and a couple major bruises! hahaha.
The nights are still really cold! My Dad loaned me a really nice sleeping bag that has been a lifesaver. I just bury myself in it and try not to roll around too much during the night. I am usually awakened by the birds around 5am and I just doze until 6am or so before forcing myself out into the cold air. I have to report for work at 7:30am and we are usually done by 4 pm. This is my tent site:


I absolutely LOVE my commute to the field every morning! We have the option of riding bikes or riding in the 'Burb (suburban). It is about a mile out to the fields on a gorgeous path through the trees. There is a funny crooked bridge over a marshy area too.




Fortunately, it has been quite dry so the bugs have been kept at a minimum. We did get rain this weekend though so it will probably be a nightmare next week. I came home this weekend but have to stay up there next weekend for rain shelter duty. There are some plots that are involved in a drought study so whenever there is a chance of rain, they have to be covered. I work with a lot of great people and I am looking forward to the rest of the summer!

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

What gorgeous photos! What a beautiful place to work everyday! Not everyone can be so lucky! (well, except for the sleeping arrangements that is!)

Ryan n Heidi said...

Love you new 'digs' Jodi! This is a perfect job for you...and appears you are having fun! Bring lots of mosquito spray and SPF!