Thursday, February 2, 2012

January wrap-up

The last week in January came with the news that I got moved to the same shift as Skott at work.  Skott and I were also assigned to "shadow"(training, kind of) new dealers that just got out of blackjack class.  You can imagine how well that went over with the "old timers".  Instead of them stopping to think of WHY we were chosen to shadow new dealers (hmmmm, that we actually follow security and gaming procedures and try to talk to and entertain our guests), they just complained and gossiped about us.  Gotta love work politics.  Ugh! 


It was actually very windy (hence the hair) and I can't wear my glasses to the beach or they get a nice layer of sea mist on them and then I cannot see

The weather was pretty nice all week.  We had one really rainy day and we took that opportunity to go to the Outlet Mall and get some shoes.  Skott and I both needed new exercise shoes and Skott needed work shoes.  I found a $100 pair of Nike Shox that I got for $50 at the Nike outlet.  Skott found work shoes, but not exercise shoes.  My last pair of Nike Shox I owned I had for 5 1/2 years and wore daily for many of my jobs.  They are still very comfortable, they just have zero traction left on the bottom.  I need to find more shoes to wear in the rainy season here.

I started over on my fingerless gloves that I am crocheting.  Actually, I set aside the first pair and started fresh with a different color of yarn.  I was more diligent about writing down the changes I was making to the pattern as I went along.  I have started the second glove, hopefully I can get it to match the first one!  I do the crocheting on my breaks at work.  It's very relaxing.

Met my January weight-loss goal so that was exciting!  Plenty more to go but it is nice to see progress.  I have been focusing on smaller portions and walking as often as possible.


We are hoping to head to the beach this afternoon for low tide.  It is a nice day so will try and take the dogs as well.  We found a newly exposed rock bed at low tide on Tuesday and found a TON of agates and sea glass.  I have been drilling a lot of the shells lately to make jewelry, but we haven't attempted drilling any of the glass yet.

Lots and lots of creative  ideas running around in our heads.  Skott has been toying with various recipes involving almonds and the food processor.  He made dark chocolate almond butter (like peanut butter), as well as a gingersnap cookie flavored almond butter.  Fun!  Still working on wine bottle lamps.  We found a website that sells unpigmented glow paint and glow powders, which has opened up a bunch more ideas.  I am getting anxious to start making terrariums.  I also have the stuff to try making some big hanging paper balls that I hope to do this week.  We have such high ceilings, I figured why not (I will have to avoid the leaky areas of the roof though).  Yes, still leaking.  Yes, still hounding landlord who is hounding a roofing company.... 

Hope everyone has a safe and happy week!

No comments: