Sunday, August 9, 2009

Where in the world is....

Crookston, MN?
I have accepted an opportunity to collect data at another research site in Crookston, MN starting this coming Friday, Aug. 14th. I googled Crookston and found out it is 5 1/2 hours away from where I am currently working. Yikes! Road trip anyone?
There is one other intern going with me, but it will be just us. The project manager is anticipating that it will take us around 40 hours to collect all the neccessary data. We plan to work through the weekend and into the next week so hopefully things will go well! We might have to travel down to Morris, MN for some training, which is kind of on the way. I am really excited for this opportunity! This site is one of the prairie biofuel research sites. I truly believe this is the wave of the future and definately a much better alternative than corn ethanol. Curious? Here is a link describing the basics:
http://www.prairiebiofuel.com/

Working through the weekend means I won't be coming home for awhile.... but Skott has been doing a wonderful job keeping up with the house, watering plants, and working on projects. I am so grateful for all that he is doing. He is currently finishing up the painting on our stairs. They look amazing!

I plan on working at Cedar Creek until Aug. 28th and then back to school Sept. 2nd.

No comments: