Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodbye Cedar Creek Summer

Friday was my last day working at Cedar Creek. I loved my internship and the variety of jobs it encompassed.
The clouds were so picture perfect one morning:


and the mist on the purple grass seed heads was magical looking:


It got to be very hot that day! I was waiting for measurement readings and snapped this random, sweaty picture:


This is taken in Crookston in one of the prairie plots. I loved the look of the isolated patch of "squirrel tail" grass seeding:


My favorite prairie flower:

Me being a goober the first morning we loaded up and headed out to survey prairies in Crookston:

gotta love the high tech equipment, eh?
-in case you're wondering, the giant box was used to weigh harvest samples on a really small scale :)

2 comments:

The McIntire Family said...

Your "Goober" photo reminds me of our late night Ramen Noodles/Arco advertiser photo from college. How funny!

Ryan n Heidi said...

Such a BIG box for a small scale- you're a trooper! Glad you had good times, sis!