Tuesday, December 31, 2013

30 Day Challenges

I'm very intrigued by the idea of 30-day challenges....
I've been browsing for inspiration/ideas.  I know I want to do some fitness ones, but I like the idea of doing others as well.
Here are some ideas I found:

#1 Write a I-Like-This-About-You note/text/email each day for someone
I like this one. I could do this!

#2 Talk to one stranger each day.
I already do this at work. Unfortunately, this has made me less likely to talk to someone outside of work. I need to remedy this.

#3 Take one picture each day.
I love to take pictures. Remembering to do one a day might be a good challenge.

#6 Take a moment each day to practice self compassion and self-love
Oh boy! I have always been my own worst enemy.

#7 Try a new recipe each day.
No big secret we are "foodies" but I would like to explore more vegetable based dishes.

#8 Learn how to draw a human face in 30 days.
Maybe modify this to practicing basic drawing techniques via youtube?

#9 Watch a documentary each day.
They are motivating to me. Sometimes very depressing too. But mostly motivating.

#10 Read a chapter each day.
Thanks to my birthday present (kindle), this is easier. I have been reading one book per month, plus extras.

#11 Study a topic you’d like to master each day.
I am going to focus this on learning more about Oregon, the plant life, the history,

#12 Media-fast for 30 days
I already don't have cable/watch TV. But it would be sad for me to give up online stuff, as that is how I keep in touch with my family.

#13 Pick one bad habit you already have and ditch it for 30 days
Ok.... plenty to chose from here

#14 Inspire yourself each day
The ocean inspires me almost daily. I need to ACT on my inspirations, let thoughts flow, let ideas develop.

#15 Think of an accomplishment you’d like to achieve for each year of the next 30 years, a year each day.
Interesting

#16 Practice a random skill everyday
 don't worry, singing will NOT be one of these skills I will practice!

#17 Take the stairs every chance you get
I already do this, as well as park far away from store entrances.

#18 Wake up early each day
I am guilty of lounging in bed long after the alarm goes up. Although I cannot wake up "early", I can practice rising from bed in a timely manner.

#19 Keep a journal
aka -blog better. It's too overwhelming for me to try and blog and keep a handwritten journal

#20 Don’t lie for 30 days
This might get me in trouble at work! haha

#21 Doing something that scares you every day
?Every day? Seems tough

#22 Don’t complain for an entire day
Good one to try!

#23 Meditate each day
I've always been curious about meditation, and yoga too!

#24 Practice (at least) one completely selfless act each day
like mini random acts of kindness

Heres a list from another website:

-30 days with no TV
- 30 days with no caffeine
- 30 days with no Twitter or FriendFeed
- 30 days with no iPhone
- 30 days with no sugar
- 30 days with no Facebook
- no email after 10 p.m.
- 30 days as a vegetarian.
- 30 days of trying to learn to play guitar.
- meditate 10-15 minutes a day for 30 days.
- try one new thing a day for 30 days.
- draw something everyday for 30 days.
- learn as much of a new language as possible in 30 days.
- try to write a novel/book in 30 days.
- write down one thing I’m thankful for each day for 30 days.
-30 days of intimacy
-memorize a poem every day for 30 days

Then there's exercise challenges!

Lots of good ideas here!  Where to start?  Anyone?

No comments: