Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer Beaches

Overall, the summer has been a cool one.  Temps hover in the 60's-70's.  Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining AT ALL.  I love it!  We try and take advantage of any and all sunny days to take a walk on the beach.
Low tide coincided with one of our days off a few weeks ago.  We got up "early", prepared our mugs of coffee, and headed out.
The sun was just starting to break through the mist

exposed rock beds


I love the light shining on the seaweed

looking south towards the bay

patterns left in the sand by the departing tide


Another day, on our exercise walk, we saw this neat log that had been tumbled to an upright position:




you can barely see it through the mist
It was on the beach for almost a week, and then one day it was gone.


We had to run to Newport so we took time to do some beachcombing:
silly

along a trail we were exploring through the woods

beach flowers

south of Newport

this once was a piece of wood.  I thought it was fascinating how it disintegrated

this was a huge fossil

more flowering
 My hibiscus is going nuts again.  Here's the latest bloom (yes, I'm very proud haha):

Skott has an artistic vision for out our back door.  This is his start.  I could probably dig up some really hideous "before" pictures.... but take my word for it, this is a HUGE improvement.  He's going to continue the pattern and blend it to a paver patio on the right.  One of the squares has sea shells, agates, slag beach glass, and other treasures.  The other square is full of agates.  Then a shrub in one and native flowers in another.


Fucie's idea of helping me exercise

No comments: