Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh technology!

My cute little Grandma Tolman is just beginning to grasp the concept of the internet.  I have tried to show her "texting" with my phone, or "chatting" via facebook, but that is a bit much for her to comprehend. (I was super bummed the day my brother Seth was visiting her and he and I were trying to link up his mac and my iphone so I could FaceTime talk to her.  Too bad we couldn't get it to work, that would have blown her mind -to see me actually talking to her via computer!).  Anyways... 
Apparently, my aunts read to her our blog posts and facebook updates.  To Grandma, everything is "facebook".  It is cute.  It makes me laugh.  She will ask "Did you hear about so and so on facebook?"  She is trying to incorporate the word "blog" into her vocabulary but  I don't think she quite knows how.

It is amazing how fast technology is progressing!  We are in the process of de-junking our basement and came across some cassette tapes.  We dont have anything to play them in.  Sad.
I also came across an old journal.  I don't know why this entry caught my eye but it made me laugh!

Spiffy!
That car was a beast -a gigantic black boat of a car but boy, we thought it was cool because it has electronic locks and windows! hahaha

4 comments:

Franson Funny Farm said...

Haha Oh I remember that car! You guys came up for the Cattledrive & as you were getting ready to go home the electronics quit working. Your mom was the last one to drive it so the seat was all the way forward & the window was down. The weather had turned cold & snowy as you were leaving and your mom wasn't feeling well so Barry had to drive. I remember Pa-aa taped plastic to the window and Barry had to drive home with his knees about in his face. Too funny!

The McIntire Family said...

Too funny-We were actually talking about power windows and doors today at work and how our kids can't comprehend how we had to roll our windows up by hand when we were young. I was also telling them how we went to conference that one year and we thought we were so cool using RotoRooter dudes big, huge boxed car phone on the way home. It's so crazy how times have changed and technology is so much more advanced. (Have you come across any of our old letters we used to write back in college??? Those are hilarious!!!)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Grandma is funny with all her "facebook" comments. I was in our high school today doing some curriculum stuff, and the way they integrate technology into things like English are amazing! I suddenly felt very old.
Loved the "power options" letter. Oh, the things we take for granted! JOSH

Tiffany said...

I think I remember that car, too! I still have tapes AND cassette players! But sadly, most of my tapes aren't playable any more. They have worn out, or the kids have pulled the tape out of them. It seems like every kids goes through a pulling-tape-out-of-the-cassette phase. Or used to, anyway -- I guess that will be a phase of the past, too!