Thursday, January 13, 2011

In a funk


It's so much easier to just not blog when you're in a funk.
I hate being a negative, pity-me person so I try to keep those feelings to myself (most of the time), hence, no blogging for a couple weeks.  Gratefully, I got a menial job at an even more menial wage as a night auditor at a resort in town.  Glad to have some income.  Glad Skott and I are on the same sleep schedule.  Depressed that I can't find a biology job.  Trying to maintain faith that one will come along.  Trying not to be discouraged with all the rejection letters.

Instead of wallowing in self pity, I took a walk around the house this morning with my cup of coffee.
Throughout our home we have lots of random, candid pictures displayed.  I highly prefer them over the starchy, "posed", professional pics.  I think candids capture the true personalities and dynamics of the moment.  We specifically hired a photographer for our wedding that only did candids.  He captured some great moments, one of my favorites being the instant we realized we had left all the wedding music at home.

Anyways, I love to look at all the pictures when I am feeling down.
Candid photos are like visual journals. 
They make me smile and appreciate what I do have:  LOVE, FAMILY, and FREEDOM.
Here's just a sample of some of my favorite candids I have saved to my computer:


Great Grandma feeding hotcakes tothe dogs in Hat Creek.  A wonderful reminder of the times when life was simple


A memorable visit with Skott's grandma Alta.  On the ferry in Pugent Sound,WA


Mom and Pop looking so cute


Grandma drinking Ovaltine.  I told her I was sending the evidence to her doctor


Grandma and Grandpa Tolman


I will always remember this vacation to Seaside.  This pretty much sums up how relaxed we all were


The Z chillin in the leaves in our backyard


remodeling the restaurant and pulling all-nighters



How can you not smile when you see this picture?  Excited Ayla


Skott and his grandma Alta headed off for an adventure


My adorable husband


Jodi and Heidi
  

4 comments:

Ryan n Heidi said...

i LOVED this post! The pictures are awesome. I feel the same way about candid photos- they capture more personality and spunk...
Love you sister! One day, you're perfect Boilogy job will arrive!!!

Tiffany said...

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing them. I've been thinking about Great-grandma feeding the hotcakes to the dogs lately, too. Must be cabin fever making us miss the real cabins in the summer, huh?
Love,
Tiffany

Salmon Tolman Family said...

WOW! Thanks for this post. I have never seen that picture of grandma and pa-ah when they were young! I almost started crying when I saw the pictures of Grandma and Great-Grandma in Hat Creek. So many great memories of what life was! Love ya' cousin. Your perfect job will find you soon! Josh

Molly said...

I love all of the photos...especially the Ovaltine shot--the look on her face is my favorite. I would love to see these candid wedding shots too...you know, when we come and visit you guys ;) Glad you found work, even if it's not satisfying. Something's better than nothing, right?