Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Weekend Camping Trip

For Memorial weekend we went camping in Door County.  It was so pretty.  The weather was perfect!  This is our campsite.  I am amazed that everything fit in the back of the car!  We just got this new tent.  Love it.  Slept with the rain fly off because the ceiling is all screen and we could see the stars.  Luckily, Skott woke up the night we had thunderstorms.  We got the rainfly put on literally seconds before torrents of rain came down!
I enjoy camping but an air mattress is a necessity.
and bathrooms.
and showers.
I was making some sauteed mushrooms wrapped in tin foil.  Didn't realize the bottom of the bag got a little moist.  Imagine my suprise when I reached into the bag for another handfull and there was nothing there!  I was so bummed we lost half the mushrooms on the ground.

We spent a lot of time walking on the little beaches.  We went to Peninsula State Park one day.  It was so pretty there.  Hard to capture all the brilliant colors.
Skott even spotted a frog!

This is a tower that we climbed.  It was really high (I think 75 ft?).  It had way too much sway for my comfort!  But the view was great from the top!
Lucky for Skott the top level was more stable than the middle areas on the way up. 
Hanging on for dear life!  haha

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

oooh, your memorial weekend weather was much nicer than ours! I love all the photos of the outdoor beauty!