Monday, May 17, 2010

bleeding heart



















I have the coolest bleeding heart plant ever.  It was already planted at the house when we moved in.  I honestly don't remember how big it got that first summer (I was interning in Oregon the ENTIRE summer).  But last summer it was huge.  At the end of the summer I even divided the root ball and gave half to Sherry and Dad.
I thought it might be fun this year to document how fast it actually grows.  The first six pictures are of the first seven days (I only missed one day of pics).  A weekend passed between the sixth and seventh photo.  The last photo is it about two weeks after the very first picture.
Crazy huh?

2 comments:

The McIntire Family said...

I love Bleeding Hearts!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! This one is beautiful and wow I can't believe how fast it grows. I think you can grow anything---remember that crazy plant in our apartment?? It grew in the dark.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I had no idea that was the name of that plant--it's so pretty! How long does it stay in bloom?? I can't believe it grows so quickly!!