Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Fever

With the weather getting nicer, it has been hard to stay indoors and focus on studying lately.  I have a major case of spring fever.  We had some really nice weather that completely melted all the snow.  I am dying to get outside and work in the yard.  But instead, this is where you will find me most of the time:
Spent some time this evening with the dogs out in the yard.  Izzy has been confined to the upstairs level for the past 10 days, as we had been dogsitting for Justine and Kelly.  She sure had a "bee in her butt" and enjoyed running around the yard.  We decided to push our luck and put the awning and cushions back on the outdoor swing.  Wanna bet it snows now?  hahaha

We finally bit the bullet and decided to quit sinking money into our older cars.  We sold the Passat (in one hour, no test drive or anything.  Gotta love Craigslist!).  Skott got an amazing deal on this Hyundai Tiburon.  Great deal.  Great warranty.  Good gas mileage.  Low miles.  It will be nice to have something reliable for his daily commute to work.
Meanwhile, I am still "enjoying" my daily walks to school.  I really do it because I want to/need to.  I honestly don't mind the walking part, as it's along the river most of the way -it's just the 30 lb backpack I am carrying that bothers me!  After two plus years of my car constantly blowing air I finally took it to the shop (yes, the fan is always on high.  You can make the air hot or cold, you can direct it where you want it to go, but you cannot ever make it stop).  So far it has been there for three weeks :)  but hey, good incentive to keep exercising!  We plan on getting our bicycles out this weekend and ready to go for the season.  Can't wait.  I am so ready for spring.

No comments: